Introduce Yourself

Samuel A Chorlton

• Who are you? Ian Grinbergs – Chief Digital and Information Officer for SRUC Scotland’s Rural College.
  • What is your industry and profession? I spent most of my career in Mining, Oil and Gas in Australia; primarily in Manufacturing Execution Systems and Automation.  Having returned to the UK I’m now hoping to bring that learning into Food systems and the Natural Economy.
  • Where do you plan to use your new Digital Twin Knowledge? Personally/professionally? As part of the Digital Transformation Program I am leading, we are looking at how Digital Twins and associated technologies can be leveraged to benefit food systems and rural and natural economies. 
  • Why have you decided to join the DTHub? I believe bringing the education, research, government and business sectors together is a powerful way to solve challenges within the natural economy.  I think this Hub, in context of the application of digital twins, does that very well.
  • Have you participated in any of our meetups, or events? Not yet
  • Do you have any examples of work that you have done using Digital Twins? Nothing I can share on here, but let’s talk.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hello and great to meet everyone here! Here's my quick intro:

• Who are you? VP of Alliances at Presagis - with a background in AI, autonomous vehicles, VR/AR, transportation 
  • What is your industry and profession? Building geospatial digital twins with simulation capabilities for smart cities
  • Where do you plan to use your new Digital Twin Knowledge? Personally/professionally? Help cities and countries prepare better for the future, help mitigate climate change and disaster preparedness
  • Why have you decided to join the DTHub? Meet fellow minded people who are passionate about digital twins
  • Have you participated in any of our meetups, or events? Not yet, looking forward to join
  • Do you have any examples of work that you have done using Digital Twins? See www.velocity5d.com and 

Presagis_VELOCITY5D.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Who are you? I am Fabrizio Fornari
  • What is your industry and profession? I am a Researcher in Computer Science at the University of Camerino, Italy. I am member of the PROcesses and Services Laboratory.
  • Where do you plan to use your new Digital Twin Knowledge? Personally/professionally? I am conducting research on Digital Twin, especially for what concerns the design and engineering of Digital Twins solutions.
  • Why have you decided to join the DTHub? I liked the spirit of this initiative, and I hope to get in touch with academics, researching on the Digital Twin topic, and also to get to know some practical applications of Digital Twins. 
  • Have you participated in any of our meetups, or events? Not yet.
  • Do you have any examples of work that you have done using Digital Twins? Not using Digital Twins directly but I organise workshops (MIDas4CS-2023 and DT4BP-2023) and a special issue on Digital Twins to rise discussions on the topic.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone 🙂

• Who are you?  I'm Asmae Ben bahida, passionate about technology and innovation. I love to learn new things and currently focusing on how digital processes and BIM technology can support sustainability. And I'm very excited to have found this community to share knowledge and inspire each other.
  • What is your industry and profession? I'm BIM expert consultant and civil engineering by training. I have also a background as an IT developer.
  • Where do you plan to use your new Digital Twin Knowledge? Personally/professionally? on my profession
  • Why have you decided to join the DTHub?  As a BIM expert, joining DTHub offers an excellent opportunity to connect with a community of like-minded professionals and learn about the latest technological advancements, such as Digital Twin technology. DTHub provides a platform for professionals to collaborate and share knowledge on this cutting-edge technology, which has the potential to revolutionize the AEC industry. Being a part of this community allows me to stay informed about the latest developments in Digital Twin technology, exchange ideas, and contribute my expertise to the community.
  • Have you participated in any of our meetups, or events? Not yet, but looking forward to it
  • Do you have any examples of work that you have done using Digital Twins? yes in my previous work and depending on how you define Digital twins in my previous 

urbanisme.png

urbanisme2.png

tunnnel.png

• Thanks 3

Who are you? My name is Hani Youssef.

What is your industry and profession? I work in the field of Building Information Modeling (BIM) in the construction industry. (Senior BIM Mnager JLL - BIM Team Leader - KSA )

Where do you plan to use your new Digital Twin Knowledge? Personally/professionally? I plan to use my new Digital Twin Knowledge professionally, specifically in the context of managing and delivering BIM projects.

Why have you decided to join the DTHub? I have decided to join the DTHub to stay up-to-date on the latest trends and advancements in Digital Twin technology, and to connect with like-minded professionals in the field.

Have you participated in any of our meetups, or events? For BIM i have many participations and reaserch papers , but I haven't yet had the opportunity to participate in any DTHub meetups or events, but I look forward to doing so in the future.

Do you have any examples of work that you have done using Digital Twins? Yes, I have worked on several BIM projects that utilized Digital Twin technology, including a major airport terminal expansion project and a large mixed-use development.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Who are you?  Claire Palmer I'm a university researcher interested in ontologies, information modelling and user interfaces.
What is your industry and profession?  I work in Manufacturing Engineering and I'm a Research Associate
Where do you plan to use your new Digital Twin Knowledge? Personally/professionally?  I'm interested in considering how creating the right user interface could be used to improve Digital Twin uptake and use.
Why have you decided to join the DTHub?  I'd like to keep up-to-date with Digital Twin developments.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Who are you? Daniel Giddins
  • What is your industry and profession? BIM Consultant at Symetri, background in Architecture, consulted long term for major practices including Grimshaw and KPF. Currently pursuing a Masters in BIM at University of Portsmouth, writing my dissertation on Digital Twins and blockchain use in asset material reuse.
  • Where do you plan to use your new Digital Twin Knowledge? Personally/professionally? Want to develop a skillset in Digital Twin technology (coding, communication protocols, model interaction and standards and practices). 
  • Why have you decided to join the DTHub? Digital Twin is a new and expansive topic; having news, information and learning material in a single space seemed like a good ides.
  • Have you participated in any of our meetups, or events? not yet...
  • Do you have any examples of work that you have done using Digital Twins? coming soon
  • Like 3

• Who are you? Matteo Dariol, business development and sales manager with a strong technical background
  • What is your industry and profession? everything digital, from IoT, AI, Digital Twin, to digital business model innovation
  • Where do you plan to use your new Digital Twin Knowledge? Personally/professionally? Mainly professionally: my company, Bosch, has developed an innovative solution based on Digital Twin and AI technologies, and I am helping to scale this project up
  • Why have you decided to join the DTHub? Because I am moving my first steps in the DT world and would like to create my own network of experts, partners and customers
  • Have you participated in any of our meetups, or events? No, not yet
  • Do you have any examples of work that you have done using Digital Twins? At Bosch "we make machine speak". We have developed a new solution called IAPM, Integrated Asset Performance Manager, using Digital Twin as underlying technologies. We would like to explore its potential not only in the manufacturing world, but also in other industries. 
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Who are you?  Ph.D. student research on HBIM applies to Heritage Conservation
  • What is your industry and profession?  Build Heritage Conservation - conservator
  • Where do you plan to use your new Digital Twin Knowledge? Personally/professionally?  Apply DT in the heritage conservation decision-making process  
  • Why have you decided to join the DTHub?  Research needs
  • Have you participated in any of our meetups, or events?  not yet
  • Do you have any examples of work that you have done using Digital Twins?  3D information model of ancient wooden structure
  • Thanks 2

Hi, just heard Mark Enzer at the Future Digital Twin online conference - and hit join!  So my answers are:

• Who are you?  Solutions Architect working for KBR in the UK.  KBR is best known as an EPC but I'm working on taking the good projects work into the Operations environment.
  • What is your industry and profession?  KBR works in the Oil and Gas and Petrochemical industries with licensed technology in ammonia production etc.  However, I have a wide industry background from utilities to FMCG manufacturing
  • Where do you plan to use your new Digital Twin Knowledge? Personally/professionally?  Am i the only one that has a digital twin for home automation?  Seriously, predominately professional use.
  • Why have you decided to join the DTHub?  To network and find out new hints, tips and tricks that can deliver my customers real tangible value
  • Have you participated in any of our meetups, or events?  Not yet
  • Do you have any examples of work that you have done using Digital Twins?  Currently working on a 3D digital twin with a global Oil and Gas production company -great 3D views but finding the operations benefit?
  • Thanks 2

Who are you?  What is your industry and Profession ? Manufacturing Engineer working for Caterpillar.

Where do you plan to use Digital Twin?  Planning to use Digital Twin for Assembly of Heavy Machinery

Why have you joined Digital Twin Hub?  To learn and network 

Not joined any meetings yet

Edited by Muthu
  • Thanks 1

Who are you?
I am Kevin Martin, a BIM (Building Information Modeling) Manager at MaRS Trans USA LLC.

What is your industry and profession?
I work in the construction industry as a BIM Manager, specializing in Digital Twin projects.

Where do you plan to use your new Digital Twin knowledge? Personally/professionally?
I plan to use my new Digital Twin knowledge professionally at MaRS Trans USA LLC to enhance our construction projects and improve our understanding and application of Digital Twins in the industry.

Why have you decided to join the DTHub?
I have decided to join the DTHub to connect with leading experts in the field of Digital Twins, share experiences, learn from others, and stay updated with the latest advancements and best practices in the field.

Have you participated in any of our meetups or events?
I have not yet participated in any meetups or events organized by the DTHub, but I am looking forward to actively participating in the future.

Do you have any examples of work that you have done using Digital Twins?
As a BIM Manager at MaRS Trans USA LLC, I have been involved in several Digital Twin projects for construction sites, where we have created virtual replicas of the physical assets and utilized them for monitoring, simulation, and analysis to optimize construction processes, enhance communication, and improve decision-making. You can check out our portfolio at https://marsbiminternational.com/projects.html

• Thanks 2

I am an MBA student at University of Strathclyde with an experience of four years in the downstream Indian Oil industry. I am looking forward to learn, interact and contribute to the Digital Twin technology related to the district heating networks. 

• Thanks 2