Analysis for Innovators (A4I) round 6

Joe Weston

A4I round 6 launches tomorrow, 29/07/2021.

This funding is aimed at SMEs looking to solve analysis or measurement problems. 

Below are some example ideas which might be eligible for A4I funding, and relevant to Digital Twin development:

Collection of real-time data

• Accessing new sensing technologies, analytical tools & methodologies for input into Digital Twins

Data analysis techniques

• Developing new analytical techniques or systems to improve existing Digital Twins e.g. data quality verification, or generating new insights using AI.
  • Measurement of Digital Twin performance

Note that this is a fast tracked funding round so please pay close attention to the closing dates.

Link to the full information on the A4I funding: https://apply-for-innovation-funding.service.gov.uk/competition/975/overview

For projects requiring Hartree Centre capabilities (AI, Data Science, HPC) you can also contact me directly to discuss the project and funding submission process.

Examples of previous A4I projects:

https://www.a4i.info/a4i_case_studies/data-performance-consultancy-limited/?bpage=1

https://www.a4i.info/a4i_case_studies/riskaware/?bpage=1

Summary:

Analysis for Innovators (A4I) Round 6

UK registered SMEs can apply for a share of up to £3 million to resolve productivity issues by working with the best scientists and research facilities. This funding is from Innovate UK

• Competition opens: Thursday 29 July 2021
  • Competition closes: Wednesday 18 August 2021 11:00am

Description

Up to £3 million in small collaborative innovation projects will be invested by:

• Innovate UK, as part of UK Research and Innovation
  • the National Physical Laboratory (NPL)
  • the National Measurement Laboratory at LGC (formerly known as the Laboratory of the Government Chemist)
  • the National Engineering Laboratory (NEL)
  • the Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC)

The aim of this competition is to match the best UK scientists and cutting-edge facilities with businesses that have analysis or measurement problems.

Your proposal must describe a measurement or analysis problem, that will help improve your businesses productivity or competitiveness and an estimate of the value to your business of solving it.

This is an expression of interest (EoI) competition stage. No funding is awarded at this stage.

Successful applicants at this EoI stage will be invited to brokerage consultations with relevant analysis for innovators (A4I) partners. These will focus on how to approach solving their problem. They will also work together to propose joint projects to develop solutions.

Successful stage 2 applications will be grant funded, through special drawing rights funding, to work with the relevant funding partner organisations.

In applying to this competition, you are entering into a competitive process. This competition closes at 11am UK time on the deadline stated.

Funding type

Grant

Project size

The total eligible costs of projects funded in stage two must be no more than £50,000.

Edited by Joe Weston
  • Like 1